- 4504 (Registered)
This course is a first of its kind in which you will learn from start to finish on how to design your very own custom Arduino Printed Circuit Board (PCB). This course will help you to improve your PCB design skills which will help you to get started freelancing or to get a job in PCB design with Altium Designer being one of the top PCB design tools used around the world.
- Over 37 lectures and 4.5 hours of content!
- I will show you how to get started in the world of PCB design using Altium Designer
- I show you how to download and install Altium designer as well as demystify the user interface.
- I take you step-by-step on how to create your own component library so that you can create your own components if you need to. (very high possibility that you will need to create your own components)
- Show you how to add 3D models to components and show you a website where you can find all the component models in one place.
- How to recreate the Arduino Nano Schematic in Altium designer as well as wiring components in Schematic view
- I show you how to transfer your schematic into PCB view as well as define the board shape
- Once the board shape is defined, I show you how to place components on the board, create a multilayer board ( we are going to use 4-6 layers) .
- For a 6 layer board, I teach you how to route between layers and how to strategically place components on to the board design.
- Show you how to autoroute, when you are faced with a complex design to save time.
- Correct your design and eliminate design errors before sending them to your manufacturer. This will save you money for numerous design iterations
- Finally I teach you how to create Gerber files, which are files that your manufacturer can read to create your Printed Circuit Board.
- This course will be updated regularly with new lectures, resources, quizzes and content.
Introduction and Getting Started in Altium Designer
Creating the Component Libraries
- Placing Components in Schematic View
- Wiring Schematics and Using Net Labels Part 1
- Wiring Schematics and Using Net Labels Part 2
- Altium Keyboard Shortcuts
- Detailed Keyboard Shortcuts
- Wiring Schematics and Using Net Labels Part 3
- Schematic Design Quiz
- Keeping things Neat in Altium Schematic View
- Annotating Designators and Compiling Project
- Got a minute? Please leave a Positive Rating and Comment for this Course
- PCB Basics
- Defining Board Shape
- Placing Components in PCB View
- Routing and AutoRouting
- PCB Keyboard ShortCuts
- Eliminating Errors and Design Rule Check Part 1
- Eliminating Errors and Design Rule Check Part 2
- Eliminating Errors and Design Rule Check Part 3
- Cleaning up the PCB Design (Edges and Text Strings)
- PCB Design
Generating Files for Manufacturers
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 4 Articles
- 11 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion