I am really really excited, to announce that my course on Augmented Reality in Vuforia (Unity SDK) will be launching in just a few days. The Wiki definition of Augmented Reality is as follows:
“The live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data.”
Now you get a chance to win this course (Completely FREE) all you have to do is reply or comment on this announcement on what you think is cool about AR, what will you make if you knew AR development or any questions you may have on the course. The Competition lasts for 3 days.
So let’s take a look at what this course will present and what you will learn. This course teaches you, step by step on how to build your own AR apps using the Vuforia Asset within the Unity Environment. This course will enable you to:
- Get started in Unity and how to download the Vuforia SDK
- Create a simple AR app with a floating cube
- Once you have mastered the basics we go ahead and create multiple targets in Augmented Reality
- Create virtual buttons to add interactivity to your AR apps.
- Display a Video on a wall
- Leverage the Leap Motion Controller to create a pinch drawing app in AR. (Really Cool!)
- Implement Vuforia’s smart terrain algorithm to detection objects in Real Time!
- Detect Cylindrical Target Objects and animate markers
If you like Microsofts Hololens, you’ll be glad to know that Vuforia now is compatible with it. You can also deploy the app to your smartphone and pair it with google Cardboard and leap motion to create a mixed reality experience. Typical Applications of AR are:
- AR business Cards
- AR Gaming
- Visual Learning Aid
- Industrial and Domestic Maintenance
- Advertising and Promotional Content
Now after taking this course, you’ll be amazed at what you will be able to create! The possibilities are endless. So if you do not want to miss out on the opportunity please don’t forget to comment to this announcement if you want to stand a chance to Win the Course which will be launching in just a few days time!
See you soon